What's Lagopus switch?
Lagopus switch is a high-performance software OpenFlow 1.3 switch.
Lagopus is a genus of bird in the grouse subfamily.
Lagopus lives in cloud.
- Best OpenFlow 1.3 compliant switch
- OpenFlow Switch Specification 1.3.4
- High performance software data plane with Intel DPDK
Latest code is hosted at GitHub.
Version 0.2 (current)
- Pure OpenFlow 1.3.4 switch
- newly-designed switch configuration datastore
- new CLI (lagosh) with new configuration format
- mixed configuration of raw-socket port and DPDK port in dataplane
- queue support (WRR)
- new flow lookup algorithm
- jumbo frame support
- Intel DPDK 1.8.0 and higher version (2.1.0)
- Linux & FreeBSD with DPDK library support
Version 0.3, 2015 Q4
- Controller-less L2, L3 support (Learning switch, ICMP, APR, static route)
- C-plane program integration (Quagga, GoBGP)
- Whitebox switch (Broadcom Trident2) support
- Segment Routing (SPRING) routing stack
Version 1.0, 2016 Q1
- Tunnel (VxLAN, GRE)
We always welcome contributions to Lagopus switch.
- Submit bugfixes and improvements by pull-request on GitHub.
- Submit bugreport by GitHub Issues.
- Join the discussion in developers mailing list.
- Lagopus Day #1 Tokyo, August 30th 2014 (Finished)
- Lagopus Day #2 Yokohama, September 27th 2014 (Finished)
- Lagopus BoF @ InternetWeek 2014, November 18th 2014.
- DPDK summit 2015: It's kind of fun to do the impossible with DPDK. DPDK Summit 2015, August 2015.
- High-performance software packet processing techniques with Intel x86 server. (in Japanese) SDN Japan 2014, November 2014.
- High-performance vSwitch of the user, by the user, for the user. DPDK Summit 2014, September 2014.
- Scalable, High-performance, Elastic Software OpenFlow Switch in Userspace for Wide-area Network. Open Networking Summit 2014, March 2014.
Lagopus users community
This study is a part of the O3 project supported by a grant of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications in Japan.