What's Lagopus switch?
Lagopus switch is a high-performance software OpenFlow 1.3 switch.
Lagopus is a genus of bird in the grouse subfamily.
Lagopus lives in cloud.
- Best OpenFlow 1.3 compliant switch
- OpenFlow Switch Specification 1.3.4
- High performance software data plane with Intel DPDK
Latest code is hosted at GitHub.
Version 0.1, 2014 Q2
- Pure OpenFlow switch
- Intel DPDK 1.6.0
Version 0.3, 2014 Q3
- Virtual NIC with KVM
Version 0.7, 2015 Q1
- Legacy protocol (bridge, L3)
- New configuration system (OVSDB, OF-CONFIG, new CLI)
Version 1.0, 2015 Q2
- Tunnel (VxLAN, GRE)
We always welcome contributions to Lagopus switch.
- Submit bugfixes and improvements by pull-request on GitHub.
- Submit bugreport by GitHub Issues.
- Join the discussion in developers mailing list.
First Lagopus hands-on seminar will be held in Tokyo area on August 30th (Saturday). Register here. (Registration is mandatory)
This study is a part of the O3 project supported by a grant of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications in Japan.